Arranger - Teach With Your Strengths
People who are especially talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that compliments this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
As an educator you have the instructional ability to easily prepare lesson plans in different ways. You may find yourself arranging and rearranging your classroom for maximum input on learning. (You may also have a messy desk from arranging activities for your students, staff, parents and school!)
Arrangers are often thought of as a conductor, director or juggler. But it can also be the person who is holding a dozen ping pong balls underwater all at the same time! In the chaos you can see all of the moving pieces and make beauty of it...and it all happens in real time. (Many times this occurs without you even thinking about it. It just happens!)
What can you do to strengthen this theme?
* Look for opportunities where productivity is king!
* Work with a partner that can keep you on track to where you are going.
* Balance your workload. Identify the most important tasks based on deadlines and difficulty.
* Schedule breaks to clear your mind. Check on other projects, make phone calls, etc.
* Create opportunities for group members to teach each other.
* Suggest independent study course option to your administration. Design your own curriculum.
What if I have a student/child with this theme?
* Find situations where they can be places where there are many things going on at the same time.
* Ask them for assistance when positioning other students for group projects. Let them help you figure out how each person's strengths might be the greatest value to the team.
* Make sure you coordinate study time so that you can fit extracurricular activities into your schedule, too!
Start to actively think about your Arranger. When you can start naming times you are working within this talent, you can start working it out to create a Strength! Questions to think about:
* When has your Arranger really worked for you? Why was it successful?
* What have you gotten done this week? What did people say about your work? How was it honored?
Be reminded. Be Purposeful.
Rock Your Strengths!