People who are especially talented in the Harmony theme look for consensus. It is often referred to as the "most misunderstood theme."
On the outside, Harmony looks a little passive, but this theme has a lot of power! Not everyone has the ability to smooth ruffled feathers like Harmony does. They are typically calm and even-keeled and look for ways to eliminate the waste of emotional energy. The bring a peace-loveing and conflict-resistant approach to life. People with Harmony don't enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement. They want people to get along, so the team can get things done!
Because Harmony sees conflict as being completely unproductive, it looks for areas of agreement and common ground in a conflict. People with Harmony are typically frustrated with how much time is wasted by people trying to impose their views on others. They believe that the way forward is through compromise.
If you have Harmony:
- Look for the practical side of things in discussions.
- Use your Harmony strength to build a network of people with different perspectives on whom you can rely when you need expertise.
- Ask a lot of questions and listen carefully.
If you work with someone with Harmony:
- Don't waste your time discussing controversial subjects with this person. He/She will not enjoy the debate for it's own sake.
- Sometimes when people are locked in a disagreement, a person with Harmony can unlock them. They have the ability to quickly find the common ground as a starting point to work productively together.